Are you worried about your health?
You’re not alone. Millions of people worldwide seek ways to improve their health and well-being. That’s where RPM comes in. It provides data and visibility into your health that can help you make informed decisions about your well-being.
Remote patient monitoring (RPM) is a rapidly growing field in personal health, and for a good reason. The best RPM healthcare tools provide people with invaluable data and visibility into their health and share it with their healthcare professionals. This visibility can quickly help to improve patient care and outcomes.
I’ve researched and compiled a list of the seven best RPM (real-time patient monitoring) healthcare tools for personal guidance. These tools will give you the power to take control of your health and empower you to make informed decisions about your care.
Let’s start taking charge of your health today!
I partner with awesome companies that offer products that help support our readers! If you purchase through these links on this site, I may get paid for the referral at no additional cost to you! For more information, visit my disclosure page.
What are the Best RPM Healthcare Tools?
This post will discuss some of the best RPM tools available today. We will highlight products in different categories so that you can find the right RPM tool for your needs!
Best Wearable: Whoop 4.0
The all-new WHOOP 4.0 is smaller, smarter, and designed with new biometric tracking, including skin temperature, blood oxygen, heart rate, and more. A comfortable modern, minimalist design SuperKnit band supports this robust sensor monitor to track your daily health. Whoop’s algorithmic technology analyzes your body’s physiology to make sure metrics are within your typical baseline and optimize. The Whoop band is the new favorite wearable to live well.
- 5 LEDs and 4 photodiodes capture your data more often than most wearables, providing best-in-class accuracy validated in lab studies and with third-party testing.
- Tracks how much sleep you get, sleep stages, sleep cycles, and get feedback on how much sleep your body needs.
- Wake up at the optimal time by setting the haptic alarm that gently vibrates to wake you based on your sleep needs and cycles.
- Whoop charger slips on and off while wearing allowing no interruption of the data feed
- Many accessory options are available
Whoop has 3 different membership offerings:
- Best Value – 24 months ($20 per month upfront)
- Most Popular – Annual ($25 per month annually)
- Monthly at $30 per month
I choose this device to gain a greater insight into my sleep habits and to see if I am optimizing my sleep. With all wearables, accuracy is something to be mindful of, but Whoop technology addresses this very well. Love the data feed and reporting.
Best CGM: NutriSense
The biggest advantage of a continuous glucose monitor is being able to analyze in real-time how blood glucose levels respond to food, exercise, stress, and sleep. NutriSense addresses all of these along with the latest app and a personal coach. Optimization of health starts with the data, then having guidance on how to adjust personal activities to reach your full health potential.
- Easy to use app with a personalized dashboard that gives you actionable insights into your health
- A real-time display of glucose readings through the app, complete with a graph and numerical values that are easy to see
- Food tracking and nutritional educational sources
- Dietitian support
Nutrisense has 3 options
3 months for $250 / mo
6 months for $225 / mo
12 months for $199 / mo
This CGM gives people visibility and a greater understanding of how their body is responding in real-time to different activities. The app is very user-friendly and provides valuable insights that can help you make changes to improve your health. I’m a big believer in how a coach can help. Stop guessing and take control.
Best Science Data: InsideTracker
InsideTracker is a data-driven health and fitness company that uses biomarkers to help people optimize their health and performance. InsideTracker’s goal is to make people more aware of the biomarkers that are most important for their health so that they can make better lifestyle choices accordingly. The company does this by providing users with personalized recommendations based on their blood test results. InsideTracker also offers a variety of other resources, such as articles and videos on health and fitness topics, to help people live healthier lives. Overall, InsideTracker is a great resource for anyone who wants to be more health conscious and perform at their best.
- InsideTracker’s Home Kit allows you to gain insight into your health without leaving the comforts of your home.
- 100% Personalized biomarker analysis
- Now compatible with Apple Watch
- Personalized recommendations
- The best seller is the Ultimate for $589 per test which includes 43 biomarkers analyzed from a blood test
- The Essentials kit for $189 analyzes 13 biomarkers
- DNA Kit for $249
- and many variations to these plans
InsideTracker is a reliable source of information for those who are looking to improve their health and performance. The company’s comprehensive approach to health and fitness makes it a valuable resource for those who are serious about reaching their goals.
Best Remote Therapy: Betterhelp
Betterhelp‘s mission is to make professional therapy accessible, affordable, and convenient so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help anytime and anywhere. Receiving therapy through Betterhelp is easy and convenient – you can access it from the comfort of your own home, or wherever you have an internet connection. You don’t have to take time out of your busy schedule to travel to an appointment, and you can receive help on your terms. In addition to being accessible and convenient, therapy through Betterhelp is also affordable. We want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to receive the help they need, regardless of their financial situation. If you’re looking for accessible, convenient, and affordable therapy, look no further than Betterhelp.com.
The main benefit is the easy process to access professional therapy
- Answer a few questions about yourself and the challenges you’re currently facing.
- Based on your needs, you will be matched with a qualified licensed professional therapist. If you are not satisfied, you can switch at any time.
- Begin the therapy process in any way that you want: text, phone, or video
Plans start at $60/week and you can apply for financial aid.
Betterhelp has since become one of the leading online counseling platforms, with over 800,000 members worldwide. The company offers a wide range of services, including individual counseling, couples counseling, and group therapy. Betterhelp also provides users with access to mental health resources and articles, as well as a community forum where members can connect with others who are struggling with similar issues. Whether you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, or any other challenge, Betterhelp is here to help you find the support you need.
Best Remote Patient Monitoring: MiCare Path
MiCare is a remote patient monitoring platform that engages, tracks, and responds to every patient’s needs. RPM services empower patients, through education and engagement using this platform, providing a better healthcare experience. Better health outcomes lead to higher patient retention, and with efficient monitoring and communication, patients The modern demands of our healthcare system need this technology to provide the proper care for the patients.
- This remote patient monitoring system focuses on many specialties
- Patients get the technology where they feel more in control of their health and connected to their providers
- Providers are more engaged with their patients, sharing the efficient insights they desire and improving the overall experience with the patient data. With the right RPM service, remote patient monitoring can be more efficient than in person visits
- Payers see the value by stamping out approximately 20% of waste seen from non-guided patients lost in the system due to the lack of patient adherence.
In most cases, Healthcare Providers will bill through insurance, because Remote patient monitoring is covered by Medicare. As of July 2020, it’s also covered by 23 state Medicaid programs, according to the Center for Connected Health Policy.
Using remote patient monitoring technology to deliver care more efficiently is in high demand, and the MiCare platform helps to do just that by optimizing patient data. The patient’s care plan is improved beyond the office visit, and patients can be monitored more closely. In addition, the MiCare platform can help to identify potential health issues earlier and provide guidance on how to prevent them. As a result, the MiCare platform helps to improve the quality of care for patients.
Best Chatbot: Babylon Health 360
Babylon gives you 24/7, all-in-one healthcare to deliver affordable and accessible healthcare. Using AI and Technology that connect patients and providers with advanced insight on the patient health data. They have massed a world-class team to create and transform healthcare. Patient wellbeing is the goal, and improved patient outcomes can be achieved by focusing on preventative care.
- 24/7 access to clinical services and free digital health tools avoiding the pain of in person care
- Closely monitor and focus on preventative Care
- AI and technology to help care providers be more efficient
Book a Babylon Video Appointment 24/7, available at no cost through select health insurance plans. Don’t receive Babylon through your insurance? Access our Chatbot and Healthcheck for free.
Babylon Health Chatbot RPM Services is an important part of the healthcare system because it helps to improve patient outcomes. RPM services can be used to monitor patients more closely, and identify potential health issues earlier. Babylon Health provides a clinical benefits platform that can help to improve the quality of care for patients.
Best TeleHealth: Amwell
Amwell was started by two doctor brothers. They have developed a simplistic reliable telehealth platform. It can integrate a patient’s medical data seamlessly into its remote health system to quickly assess a patient’s condition. The reason that this service stands out is when health conditions worsen, people are looking for answers in a timely manner.
- Get a visit 24/7/365 anywhere for medical group support
- Best in class video reliability for an enhanced remote monitoring experience
- Easy signup and immediate medical care with no appointment
- Can handle prescriptions
Commonly treated urgent care conditions start at $79, and can pay less with a qualifying health insurance plan. Check this list for covered insurance.
More patients are turning to Amwell Telehealth because their remote platform provides the interactive communication they need in the comfort of the patient’s home. Amwell provides a clinical benefits platform that can help to improve the quality of care for patients.
What is RPM Healthcare
You can access your health data from anywhere in the world. With this data, you will be able to make better decisions about your health as well as the health of your loved ones. In addition, you will have peace of mind knowing that you are taking steps to get healthier and improve the quality of your life.
There are RPM tools available for a variety of different purposes.
Some RPM tools focus on providing general health and wellness data, while other remote patient monitoring devices work more with healthcare organizations and providers to focus on specific areas such as heart health, diabetes management, and more chronic diseases.
Tracking high-risk patients’ health status is vital for healthcare professionals to deliver improved patient outcomes.
There are many RPM tools available to help provide visibility to personal healthcare. I have highlighted the best products in different categories. For example, remote patient monitoring devices track everything from vital signs to remote therapeutic monitoring to disease control.
RPM tools continue to develop in different settings, such as home health, ambulatory care, long-term care, and behavioral health. In addition, many digital health companies have developed a remote patient monitoring program that makes it easy to get the care you need, when and where you need it.
Remote patient monitoring is a great way to stay connected with your healthcare provider and get the necessary care.